Bronies Bronies

As a brony...

I find this hilarious! While I may love the show and even do more pony associated things than some fans would, I still see the creepiness that this flash points out. As for wanting to "taste the magic" (uggh), I think you'd have to already be a furry or something like that to want to go that far.

As for the list that JakBaronKing made, it's not bad. I wouldn't put "buying a toy or two" as concerning. I have a Rainbow Dash shirt, but that's it. Treat it more like Otakus and make it "I HAVE ALL THE MERCHANDISE!" as concerning.

Anyway, good job guys, this got me to genuinely laugh, and that's becoming increasingly rare with Newgrounds' content.

Awesome Noire Awesome Noire

Well then...

Good to know I no longer have a reason to watch any new additions to the awesome series.

Before anyone says anything about my review, yes this is a review and yes I will talk about how his old works are better, because they are.

Now then, ahem, to put it lightly... this was exactly what you intended to show us, shit. The entire first half of the flash was a joke about the sketches Cole does, which admittedly is worth a chuckle, but only a chuckle. The second half of the flash is about... well basically nothing but the chief looking at the sketches. And it all goes to the twist ending of a sketch of poop, classy.

This animation truly sucked! I can accept that it was short in length, that's entirely fine, but what I can't accept is that you didn't even make an attempt in the time that you devoted to making this flash. You pointed out one obvious thing that happens and exaggerated it a little bit. That's an okay observation, but doesn't merit half the length of the entire flash animation. Either come up with something better or don't waste your time.

And what was with the second half of this? Oh, the chief thought it was cool that he sketched decently, haha. Forgetting the fact that the real chief would probably shoot Cole in the foot for sketching rather than taking actual notes, this scene provides nothing. No jokes, no setup, no development for something else to happen, it's just there as padding for you to show a sketch of poop.

Honestly, what happened to the days when you tried? Not only has the length of your animations slowly been lowering, but the quality has been deteriorating too. Sure, the artwork is nicer, animation is smoother and cleaner, and the voices are good. But those do not make up for the fact that the content is so unthoughtful and stupid that it probably took you the time it takes to tween a ball to move across the screen to come up with them.

As it stands this is just crap and doesn't deserve to be even close to the daily feature. Hell, if it was a random user that uploaded it and not you it would probably be blammed like it should be.

Egoraptor, speaking as a fan of your works, you need to really take a look at what the script for you animation is. Sit down and make it something good before you put it out. Even if it takes more time to make because video games are played and remembered for longer than the course of a few weeks, your Metal Gear Awesome series proved that. I really hope you read this and have some sort of change of heart.

There, an actual honest review (which is more than I can say for most of the kiss-ups posted). Though because noone cares I doubt it'll even be read...

You get a three, 1 for good looks, 1 for good sound, and 1 for a hope of something that doesn't suck in the future (even though it's unlikely at this point)

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

OCT2 -Don't Underestimate OCT2 -Don't Underestimate

A definite improvement

This was definitely better than the last one in several regards. First off, you put more work into the actual animation part and included much more movement which is always welcome in an animation.

The battle scene itself was definitely not bad for someone starting out. Anything I could point out would just be something that's solved by practice, so I'll leave it at that. It even had a few relatively unique things (the portals for example made it fun). Also, I like the look of the magic circles, they looked cool.

As for making the main character sound relatively emotionless, that's perfectly fine. I know people who sound like that all the time so it's not unheard of. I do hope to see an uncharacteristic burst of emotion when appropriate though.

There's certainly a great deal of potential in your animations and if you keep at it then I'm sure I'll see one of them in the Daily 1st Place in no time. Keep up the good work and just like last time I'll be looking forward to the next part.

Gods Garden Defense Gods Garden Defense

Fun little game, a pretty typical tower defense gameplay wise but with a less common story.

However, I found a glitch that breaks the game immediately. When you pick up your angel and place him on a square he attacks immediately. The cooldown for the attack is not global and will be ignored when you do this. So if you spam click on the square the angel is on he will attack constantly. Might want to fix that as it breaks the game entirely.

Other than that glitch, I found nothing wrong with the game and had a fun time playing it. Nice work.

Bullet Bill 3 Bullet Bill 3

Fun game

This is definitely a fun game and for the most part I enjoyed playing it because the level designs were pretty good. It's quick paced, takes skill and reaction time, and is well designed and decently programmed. All around, it's a good game.

However, if there's one thing you should take a look at, it's nerfing that damn Phantos. Literally 100% of my boss related deaths were when I tried for new characters and Phantos was out. I can forgive the fact that he can turn on a dime, I can forgive that time slow doesn't slow him down, I can even forgive how fast he moves, BUT 90% of my deaths to him were because he spawned right on the boss as I delivered a hit to it or right on top of me as I was dodging a projectile from the boss. It's incredibly incredibly frustrating to deliver the last hit to a boss just to have him spawn there right as I hit, or to dodge a projectile and have him spawn right on top of me.
A good idea would be to do a getPosition on the cursor and based on the x position of it, spawn him on one side of the screen or the other. Or, to further prevent him spawning on top of the player, spawn him at the bottom or top and have him fly through the y axis based on how close the player is to the screen's edge.
Honestly, he's the only thing that breaks this game and takes out the skill required to beat the game because of his incredible ability to spawn right on top of you.

Anyway, I've complained enough, good work on the game, it was fun to play

Animal Puncher Animal Puncher

Wonderful story

Whilst playing through this I thought to myself, "While the gameplay sucks on ice, the graphics are a bit sub par and the music is repetitive (though good), this story and message are great." Then I check the reviews and see a million people voting 0 because "it has animal cruelty and that's just wrong!".

Since I've seen so many reviews bashing this, I'll defend it a bit. This game is not meant to be nice, it's not meant to be something that people play to feel good, and it's not meant to be just another mindless playthrough. This game is meant to make you feel disgusted at the depths to which humans can sink to, a la A Clockwork Orange.

Whilst going through this story I thought to myself, "This is like what Alex DeLarge did to people, only to animals and less brutal." But because it's to cute, innocent, fuzzy animals and not to man, people blow a fuse and instantly condemn this game? Why? People loved A Clockwork Orange because it shows what happens when humans descend into complete madness and instinctual animosity, and this game captures that feeling pretty well.

As you go through the game you kill larger, more dangerous, and just plain more animals per level. And throughout the whole thing the best friend descends deeper into his own psychosis and desire to kill, all the while constantly alluding to his ultimate goal that he wants to bring this brutality outside the forest and to people. Meanwhile the player is dragged along to keep killing these animals. Well that is as long as you said you'd keep helping your best friend, you DO have a choice in this.

So once the best friend finally takes that step he's been wanting to and kills the first random passerby, you as the main character decide that this has gone too far and must put a stop to this. Personally, I love that killing a person is when the main character finally does something if you came this far (although a choice to go along would've been welcome imo). This shows that while you were depraved enough to kill innocent animals to this point, you still have the humanity left in you to realize that this can't be taken any further and should stop.

I say kudos for a well told story about a descent into human depravity. I can't give a full 10 because while I liked the story, this is still a game and the gameplay, graphics and music were all quite repetitive. If people keep instantly condemning the game instead of playing it and seeing it for what it is, oh well, maybe they just don't have the capacity to understand. But for those of us who do see what this is, a fairly well told story about human depravity, we can enjoy.
So 7/10, 4/5, nice work.